Thursday, January 14, 2010

Chronicles of Our Life











This was going to be the year. My goals were set, my desires were known, my New Year's resolutions were made and here it is, January 14 and not one thing has been accomplished.

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to take a picture everyday of something in our life. I have seen this POTD challenge on many other blogs and scrapbooking websites and always thought it would be a great idea. What better time to start than on January 1, 2010. January 3rd 11:55pm comes around and I realize I haven't taken a picture yet that day. Not off to a good start. I refused to get out of bed just to take a picture and since I am an all or nothing kind of person I kind of gave up already. Just doesn't work to try to keep up when I can't even keep up 3 days into the challange!

Another resolution/goal was to spend 30 minutes 2 days a week in my scrapbook room organizing and taking inventory. Let's see, it's January 14 and so far I have spent 10 minutes in there looking for mechanical pencils and a 5 subject notebook for my son. Not quite what I had in mind.

Exercise...ever thought about it? I do. Daily. Do I exercise daily? No silly, I think about it daily. Was even thinking that I would start but sometime between missing the first day of the year and my all or nothing attitude it was lost...the thought that is, not the weight.

So as with all broken resolutions here come the excuses...too much laundry, too many dishes, too much homework, too much playing outside, too much playing with the dog, and the list goes on, and on, and on....